Association for New Canadians

Saturday 10am to 1pm

144 Military Road

144 Military Road was built in 1885 by Henry Earle. The house was owned by various people until it was purchased in 1919 by Mary G. Murphy, wife of William J. Murphy, who owned the grocery store W.J. Murphy, at Rawlins Cross. The house was lovingly restored in the 1970s and now houses the Association for New Canadians, a not-for-profit organization that provides settlement services to newcomers.

 

On-street parking.

​​

© 2019 Newfoundland & Labrador Historic Trust