Basilica Museum - Mullock Library

Saturday, September 7
11:00 am to 3:30 pm

200 Military Road

The Basilica Museum - Mullock Library is housed in the former residence of the Bishop. The residence and the library have an extensive history and are today home to the Museum and Archives of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. John’s. 

 

The collection of antiques and archival material is recognized as one of the most valuable in the country, housing more than six thousand books.  Many of these publications are considered to be rare and the oldest book was printed in 1524.  Once dubbed “the finest room in the Colony,” the Library features ornate ceilings, stained glass windows and large handcrafted bookcases, and appears today much as it did when it opened in 1860.

 

Accessibility for persons with disabilities affecting mobility, On-street parking.

© 2019 Newfoundland & Labrador Historic Trust