Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador
Saturday, September 7, 2019
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
309 Duckworth Street
The St. John's Courthouse is an excellent example of a Richardson Romanesque stone structure, and it is one of the few stone courthouses in Newfoundland. It is the primary symbol of justice for the province and is one of the only courthouses in the province where the jail is still in use for the purpose for which it was designed. The Courthouse was officially opened in 1904 and the cornerstone was laid by HRH the Duke of York, later King George V, with a 14K gold trowel made especially for the ceremony.
Accessibility for persons with disabilities affecting mobility, Public Washrooms, On-street parking, Near Metrobus routes "Downtown."